wordpress hit counter
OpenXML Developer
Goodbye and Hello

OpenXmlDeveloper.org is Shutting Down

There is a time for all good things to come to an end, and the time has come to shut down OpenXmlDeveloper.org.

Screen-casts and blog posts: Content on OpenXmlDeveloper.org will be moving to EricWhite.com.

Forums: We are moving the forums to EricWhite.com and StackOverflow.com. Please do not post in the forums on OpenXmlDeveloper.org. Instead, please post in the forums at EricWhite.com or at StackOverflow.com.

Please see this blog post for more information about my plans moving forward.  Cheers, Eric

How to add hidden data into slide

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 4 Replies |
  • 2 Followers
  • Hello,

I want to add some hidden data(information) into different parts of the slide (e.g data which is related with paragraph or image). Is there any element in which I can place my own "string" data (or as a value of its attribute), but which will not be refused by PowerPoint application?

For example, in word documents I use hidden-bookmarks for this purpose. As a value of name attribute of the bookmark element I put my wished data. However, PowerPoint doesn't support bookmark elements.

Thanks
  • Hi,

In WordProcessingML, along with hidden book mark, we can use <w:vanish> element to hide the text of the run

<w:rPr>
    <w:vanish />
    </w:rPr>

I guess, the facility of hiding the content is not available in PresentationML.

Sheela

• Hi, thanks for your fast replay. I have continued to search for the solution for the problem that I had explained in previous message, and I found "Markup Compatibility Attributes and Elements". This allows me to add new elements or attributes into markup document, which belong to the namespace that I defined. Actually, I have marked added elements as "Ignorable" and Word/PowerPoint applications do not complain. However :-(, when I change the document within Word/PowerPoint and then save it, the elements I added to the document were removed. There are the attributes called "PreserveElements" and "PreserveAttributes" which should suggest the application to preserve added elements and attributes after saving. I tried that but I lost added elements(attributes) again :-(. Could you please comment this message and tell me if it's somehow possible to preserve added elements into markup document after its editing and saving from Word/PowerPoint application. Thanks
  • Hi,

In the spec, the following is mentioned  in page no 6017.

"Even in the presence of explicit preservation guidance in a markup specification, any markup editor might choose to discard together all ignored markup without regard to the presence of any PreserveElements or PreserveAttributes attribute. [Note: The explicit presence of the Ignorable attribute indicates that discarding such markup before editing produces a document that conforms to relevant specifications and is self-sufficient  in its semantic interpretation. end note]" 

I believe, it is upto the editors to preserve these elements and attributes when the document is saved.

Might be, office 2007 word/excel/powerpoint editor implementation always overrides whatever the provider specified when saving.

Any way, I will ask this question to MS.

Sheela

• Play here free online duck life and experienced to level up the system click here and get the link really an amazing place of fun http://ducklife.xyz this one is type of sport game that makes the training montage actual game.Thanks for this one.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)