" Picture shows a corner of the garden of the Le's family.A high-end restaurant turned it into a private premise in 2001. (PhotoBeijing Daily)

A garden with a history of over 300 years in Beijing banned visitors after being taken over by a high-end restaurant Fred Lynn Red Sox Jersey , according to Beijing Daily.

The garden, located near the Third Ring Road, used to be a royal estate before being transferred to the Le's family, founder of Tongrentang, a renowned Chinese medicine pharmacy at the end of the Qing dynasty.

In 2001, a luxurious restaurant took over the garden and turned it into a private property. Since then, only its diners are allowed a visit.

""I used to frequently walk in the garden during the 1990s,"" said a local resident, ""but now I have to pay hundreds of yuan for entry.""

As the Chinese capital for six dynasties, Beijing is home to thousands of ancestral gardens and royal estates. However, most have been tarnished or occupied, according to the first official survey of local historical gardens.

Results show that 423 of the 1094 recorded historical gardens in the city have kept their look, while most of the existing ones have been modified into offices, restaurants, clubs or residential yards.

Tiantan, the Temple of Heaven, is also facing the same problem. About 70 hectares of land at the site have been occupied by residential homes and small businesses, affecting its south wall.

The newspaper says that some of the occupations are caused by historical reasons. Some businesses have moved out after their premises were announced to be relics, while many others are still reluctant to go.

This year, Beijing listed 25 ancestral estates as the first batch to be managed under preservation. The city's legislators are also mulling over laws to regulate the use of historic properties.

A pavilion at Lian Yuan is used as storage. The place used to be a private garden in Qing Dynasty. (Photo Beijing Daily)

"

Media mogul Oprah Winfrey apparently ended her brief flirtation with a run for the U.S. presidency in 2020, telling InStyle magazine in an interview published on Thursday that she was not interested.

But the leader of a political action committee supporting Winfrey said it would still to try to persuade her to run and continue seeking to recruit 1 million supporters.

Winfrey, 63, stole the show at the Golden Globes awards ceremony earlier this month with a speech against sexual harassment and assault. It sparked an online campaign to lure her into running against Republican U.S. President Donald Trump in the next election cycle.

"It's not something that interests me," Winfrey told InStyle. .".. I met with someone the other day who said that they would help me with a campaign. That's not for me."

Winfrey, long associated with Democratic Party causes and fundraising, could not be reached for immediate comment.

Winfrey's friends had backed the idea with her longtime partner in business and life, Stedman Graham, telling the Los Angeles Times "she would absolutely do it" if there was sufficient public support. Confidante Gayle King said on "CBS This Morning" that Winfrey was "intrigued" by the idea.

After the Golden Globes, Democratic political consultant Cormac Flynn said he began receiving calls from associates who immediately persuaded him to support a Winfrey run, and he formed the National Committee to Draft Oprah Winfrey for President of the United States 2020.

The committee would continue despite the InStyle interview, Flynn said, noting that other politicians have decided to run after initially declining.

"The purpose of our committee is to convince Oprah to reconsider," said Flynn, whose independent expenditure committee, or Super PAC, consists of two unpaid staff and two consulting firms that are donating their time.

"She's an exceptional leader and would be a tremendous president," Flynn said.

Known by millions on first-name basis, Winfrey first rose to fame as the host of a television talk show, using it to build a media empire that spans magazine publishing, movie and television production, cable TV and satellite radio. Born into poverty, she is now one of the world's wealthiest women and been nominated for two Academy Awards.

Trump relished the idea of a celebrity-versus-celebrity campaign, telling reporters earlier this month he did not think Winfrey would run but believed he would win that matchup.

"I'll beat Oprah," Trump said. "Oprah would be a lot of fun."(Agencies)

MELBOURNE, Jan. 21 (Xinhua) -- Although it was far from easy, all the big names made it through to the quarterfinals on Sunday, with day seven action providing some great contests for the 63,000 fans in attendance at the Australian Open.

With a final score of 6-3, 6-7 (4-7), 6-3, 6-3, you might think that world number one Rafael Nadal had a comfortable 4-set victory over Argentinian Diego Schwartzman, however the Spaniard was pushed to the limit during the match and had to fight hard for every game.

In the end, the precision of the 16-time Grand Slam winner, was enough to get Nadal into the remaining eight.

"He is a great player in all aspects and he was serving well," Nadal said in praise of Schwartzman.

"This was the first big match I have played in 2018 and I was able to fight until the end."

"A match like this probably helps because it builds confidence in knowing that I can resist almost four hours on court playing at a good intensity."

It was a similar story for world number three Grigor Dimitrov, when he faced home crowd favourite, Nick Kyrgios.

But the gripping, nail biting battle, was made even more tense when officials controversially called the Australian for several foot faults.

Eventually however, the Bulgarian was able to survive the power serve of Kyrgios and take the victor. Cheap MLB Jerseys   Cheap Jerseys   Cheap Jerseys   Cheap Wholesale Jerseys   Cheap Replica Jerseys   Cheap Authentic Jerseys   Cheap Replica Jerseys   Wholesale Basketball Jerseys   Wholesale Baseball Jerseys   Wholesale Baseball Jerseys