wordpress hit counter
Re: How To Distinguish Between Worksheets - SpreadsheetML - Formats - OpenXML Developer

Re: How To Distinguish Between Worksheets

Formats

Discussions about working with different Open XML Formats

How To Distinguish Between Worksheets

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 1 Reply |
  • 0 Followers
  • Hi...

I am trying to use the Open XML SDK to generate an Excel document that has multiple worksheets.  My current strategy is to use Excel to create a template that already has all the worksheets present and named (via the tabs at the bottom of Excel), make a copy of the template, and then fill the data into each worksheet as required.

I am able to get a collection of all the worksheets using VB code like this:

Using excelDoc As SpreadsheetDocument = SpreadsheetDocument.Open("C:\excelFile.xlsx", True)     

Dim excelDocWorksheetParts = excelDoc.WorkbookPart.GetPartsOfType(Of WorksheetPart)()     

For Each excelDocWorksheetPart In excelDocWorksheetParts     
        Next     

End Using

But when I cycle through the WorksheetParts in excelDocWorksheetParts using a For Each loop, my testing has shown that the collection of worksheets returned by the above code are ordered in an apparently random manner.   I was expecting them to be ordered from left-to-right as they appear in the tabs at the bottom of Excel, but this is not so. 

Clearly, I need a way to figure out which worksheet I am working with in each iteration of the For Each loop.

It seems reasonable to me that I should be able to distinguish between worksheets by using the name that I have given each worksheet in the Excel tabs, but I just can't figure out how to do this.  Unfortunately, every code example I can find deals only with documents have only one worksheet.

If anybody has any ideas as to how I might go about distinguishing between worksheets within the For Each loop, I would love to read them.

Better yet, if you know how I can just get the one WorksheetPart by name that I am interested in, that would be excellent.

Thanks,
    -jeremy

• I found example code on the Microsoft website that is exactly what I am looking for.

https://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?SiteID=589&ContentID=10845

It's the function called GetWorksheetPartByName.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)