wordpress hit counter
OpenXML Developer
Goodbye and Hello

OpenXmlDeveloper.org is Shutting Down

There is a time for all good things to come to an end, and the time has come to shut down OpenXmlDeveloper.org.

Screen-casts and blog posts: Content on OpenXmlDeveloper.org will be moving to EricWhite.com.

Forums: We are moving the forums to EricWhite.com and StackOverflow.com. Please do not post in the forums on OpenXmlDeveloper.org. Instead, please post in the forums at EricWhite.com or at StackOverflow.com.

Please see this blog post for more information about my plans moving forward.  Cheers, Eric

Merge PowerPoint presentations - WebApp

• rated by 0 users
  • This post has 2 Replies |
  • 2 Followers
  • Hi everyone!

I want to create a very simple web application allowing users to merge PowerPoint Presentations in a few clicks.
    I don't have much experience with C#, asp.net & OpenXML - your help would be very much appreciated.

This application would use Open XML SDK & Open XML PowerTools.
    I have installed Visual Studio, OpenXML SDK & PowerTools, managed to perform a PowerPoint merger via a cmdlet* but...
    How can I convert it into a web application (web page to begin with), with the following prototype?
    Any advice, idea or link to a pertinent tutorial welcomed!

Prototype:
            1. Tick the checbkoxes associated to the presentations you want to merge**
            [ ] Presentation1
            [ ] Presentation2
            [ ] Presentation3

2. Click on "MERGE SELECTED PRESENTATIONS"

3. The merged presentation is downloaded

**For the prototype, let's use blank presentations with 1 slide and 1 title:
            - Title1 for Presentation1
            - Title2 for Presentation2
            - Title3 for Presentation3

* Links I have consulted, among others:
        - Open XML PowerTools 4.0 Install, Eric White, 10/08/2015
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60w-yPDSQD0

- Merge Pptx Cmdlet, Eric White, 12/02/2015
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBhtEKIx_5o

Many thanks! (particular thanks to Eric White and his amazing work... that I still have to master!)

Klouty
  • Hi,

It always makes me very happy when my work is useful!  Thanks for letting me know!

Have you built the c# examples that demonstrate Open-Xml-PowerTools?  The PresentationBuilder examples contain the prototype code that you will need for your web site.

You may be interested in the following screen-cast:

openxmldeveloper.org/.../screen-cast-building-an-asp-net-web-application-that-displays-docx-as-html.aspx

While that screen-cast is about WordprocessingML, the parts of that example application that show how to upload, modify, then enabling downloading are the same as for PresentationML.

Cheers, Eric

• Thanks a lot Eric, I'll try that!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)